Hello and sorry- which I learned from my 3 year old son this week is how you show “nice behavior”. As in, I asked him to demonstrate what nice behavior looks like and he promptly said, “Hello, I sorry”. Pretty much spot on for 3 year old’s who consistently need to apologize for their toddler behavior. But I must apologize for this post coming to you late on Monday afternoon. I was locked out of my wordpress account all weekend and just got access again this morning. Yes, probably because of all the porn I was trying to post in a new series I call Monday Eye Candy. Just kidding of course. Anyways, it’s Monday and here’s what’s happening in the world of the Bitches.
Tricia’s Cricut Design Space Star Challenge Project made the Top Ten!!! Was there any doubt that this chandelier wouldn’t be in the Top Ten? It’s amazing! There are lots of other great projects in the Top Ten this month and two of our teammates are also in the Top Ten (the cake topper from The Sweet Escape and the photo backdrop from East Coast Creative). If you get a chance head on over here and vote for Tricia’s floral chandelier and maybe, if you and your cousins and your second cousins and your high school graduating class all vote for Tricia then we might just win this round. But we are up against some bloggers with really large followings so this is going to require a valiant effort.
And on to another fun game going on in the blogging world right now. Last week we were tagged by Susie Makes Supper to participate in the Liebester Award. The Liebester Award is a way for bloggers to learn more about each other and help form your tribe. In the blogging world your tribe is other bloggers who you support and it makes a huge difference in your own success if you have a tribe backing you or not. Rules for the Liebester Award vary but I’m following the rules that Susie used. 11 questions were posed to us, which we will answer with the truth and only the truth and then we will create a set of 11 questions that we are dying to know the answers to from other bloggers. Here we go:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you live now, where would it be and why?
Easy, Paris. Why? Because smoking is cool there. Just kidding, sort of. I love everything about Paris. The light, the buildings, the importance of looking put together. Je adore Paris.
2. What keeps you blogging when things get stressful?
Since Tricia and I blog in a partnership one of the things that keeps me going is knowing that I have a responsibility to Tricia to uphold. And I like schedules so we have a pretty strict blogging schedule which I try to always follow. Of course today I totally messed that up.
3. Is quality of content or consistently publishing more important in blogging?
Both. Someone once told me not to blog just to blog and I think that is true. No one cares to read random thoughts without meaning or half-hearted attempts at a blog post. I think consistently publishing quality content is the most important thing in blogging.
4. Who is your favorite (blogging) photographer? Instagramer?
I really like Honey Lake Studio. Her house was in the latest edition of Domino and it’s pretty much to die for.
5. What do you listen to when you exercise?
Silly pop music and pop rock. Here’s a link to my workout playlist.
6. What is one of your short-term goals? Long-term?
I’m assuming these goals are to pertain to blogging. I can’t say that I have concrete short- or long-term blogging goals since I think the world of blogging is changing rapidly. I hope to continue growth in readership with the blog and perhaps to launch a small, curated home decor online shop in conjunction with the blog. Long-term, gosh who knows. Suburban Bitches own line of wine?
7. Who is your favorite heroine?
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice
8. If you could meet/interview/stalk any blogger, who would it be?
Emily Henderson. Once I told Tricia that if Emily ever replied back to one of my blog comments or Instagram comments that I just might die. And Tricia replied- “Yes she will reply back one day. With a restraining order”. Sounds about right.
9. How do you “turn off”?
Yoga or going for a run outside.
10. Finish this sentence: Balance is….holding crow pose for more than 30 seconds.
11. What is your favorite thing to do for yourself?
I love to go see live music. My husband and I don’t like a lot of the same musicians so I often go to shows with either my sister or friends and leave him at home with the kids. I feel a little guilty for this but it is something I really do enjoy.
1. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. Where is your dream vacation?
3. What is one piece of clothing that you can’t live without?
4. Do you have another job outside of your blog?
5. Favorite curse word?
6. Last movie you cried at?
7. What profession would you chose other than the one you currently have?
8. What keeps you blogging?
9. Where do you see the future of blogging going?
10. Blogger burnout is trending right now after the New York Times article. Ever experienced it?
11. Favorite Instagram account to follow?
Related posts:September 29, 2014
Posted in Recent Posts